Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trying to remember...

I have this nagging feeling I've blocked out thousands of memories. Pieces of my life being stripped away constantly by an out-of-control, over-protective brain. I have these vivid shocks of familiarity. They are not in the same vein as deja vu, in fact it is far more jarring. This is not a repeat of a former instant in time, but rather a cosmic reminder that, although you've blocked it out entirely, this place, this temperature, this hard concrete, this musty breath, this cheesy burn on the roof of your mouth, this distant rumble of thunder... holds some significance in the far reaches of your subconscious. If only you could grab that tattered corner and pull it back into the main frame, you would see that this is why you are the way you are. These tiny fragments of cognizance are trying to give me the answer that has plagued my entire life... why am I this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment